Saturday, August 01, 2009

Crazy Love: Day 1

Crazy Love
Overwhelmed by a Relentless God

by Francis Chan (with danae yankoski)


I have just started reading "Crazy Love" and, so far (page 26), I am enjoying the book. I was a little peeved that, at 11:30pm last night as I lay in bed reading, I had to put the book down because I was too tired to go to my computer and watch a video called Awe Factor that is referenced and discussed on the rest of that page.

So after coffee this morning I made it over to my computer. Unfortunately I could not find the video on the Crazy Love web site, as Francis mentioned in the book (there are a number of other vdeos on the site, but not the "Awe Factor" video). Fortunately, I found it on YouTube. In case you are looking for it also, here is that URL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ya12I036lg

It is a great video, but conceptually it contained ideas that I understood already. That is, there was no revelation here for me. I was already in awe of this aspect of Creation.

However - there is another video that just knocked me out. I found it a few months ago, again on YouTube. The build to the reveal was entertaining and interesting (the speaker is obviously passionate about God), and the "punch line" blew me away. So if you have not seen Louie Giglio talk about Laminin, or haven't seen this video yet, check it out. It shares, microscopically, concepts similar to those that Francis Chan is revealing cosmically in his video: an awesome God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e4zgJXPpI4

Now, I am going to get back to my reading. Page 27 is waiting.

 

No comments: